MANY hours later! These geeks that write manuals, I know that they know what to do... BUT. I have finally worked out that the three steps that they have in the manual actually mean 10 different steps.
To get it to work, you have to 1. Select the right map from the drop down list. 2. Choose your route from the library list. 3. Make sure that it is set to be a bike track and not a car trip 4. Then, you can recalculate the routes - yay!!!
BUT, I still can't find addresses on my BaseCamp map - so I have to put the address in on the Garmin, then connect it back to the computer (can't do it while it is connected), and then import the data, then select all the right settings, then put things in the right order, then delete all the extra addresses, then recalculate the route, then export it back to the Garmin. PHEW !!!! it will eventually be easy - what a learning curve!!!
I have no idea how we survived before the internet. I have worked out how to get from Paris Nord to Paris Montparnasse, using the RER and the Metro. Amazing the information you find on the net!
Air New Zealand is still showing flights for sale business class on our flight tomorrow (they do show them, then they don't show them, don't know if it is people cancelling or Air NZ playing games!), so maybe, maybe Peter and/or I will get an upgrade that we have applied for. We've agreed that if there is only one upgrade, I'll get it, cause last time there was only one upgrade - he had it.
Anyway - at least we now have seats together - again, amazing what you can find out on the internet! Now I need to go and make sure I have Picasa 3 on my little netbook, as I am working out I need to upload photos to Picasa, so that I can upload them to the blog (still can't work out how to get a caption on though!).
Only 24 hours till we leave Turangi - YAY!!!
Champagne and home made hamburgers for our farewell dinner tonight! Most of the work done - yay!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.